Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Leg Massacre – a morning of doubles (Part 6)

Hmm…bringing back the title after a hiatus (hip flexor problem yo!). Previous posts here, here, here, here and here. Trying to get back to our routine as much as possible now that the hip flexor is almost healed – there are minor twinges now and again and on certain movements but we’re getting close to the finishing line.

Supersets of:
a) Smith machine squats (whoa…85lbs at the end, on each end of the BB)
b) Cybex plate weight loaded leg squat press (still can’t go as low as it should be but at least 600lbs didn’t feel like death. Ok, I can say this now that I’m done with it; naturally that wasn’t the case at 7am)

Supersets of:
c) KB walking lunges (switched to baby KB after the failed mission of 10kg DB ie felt a strain on the hip flexor and couldn’t lunge; even with the KB, the walk wasn’t as smooth ie unsteady right foot)
d) DB static raised lunges (made myself do this even though Michael said we could stick with the walking lunges; nopez, I need to do this…at heavier weights and it wasn’t all too bad. The glutes, quads and inner hip were definitely working!)

Single set of:
e) Technogym leg extension (and the massacre continues…for 4 sets)

Supersets of:
f) Cybex prone leg curl
g) Technogym leg press (I volunteered! OMG…baby weights but my quads…my quads…burning and shaking!)

My thoughts
A lot of baby steps and I told Michael that even we take do less workouts or extend past the hour, we probably need to keep up with doubles for a while. And I shall be comatose for the rest of the day – DOMS came early.

Finished off the morning with the Cybex Ab Crunch.

No comments: