Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How to Massacre your Legs Part 2

Part 1 here.

I’m thinking of doing a series of these since Ronnie, Kei Ming, Kenny, my other running buds and Michael are hell (forgive the cuss...I do realize it's Lent) intent on massacring my oh-so-not-lovely legs. Especially the latter guy. Leading up to today: Saturday’s long run; Sunday’s disastrous supposed-to-be-recovery-run; Monday reprieve (yay!); yesterday’s hill training.

Today’s post would alternatively and aptly be titled: “How to do double squats and leg presses workouts”.

Obviously, I’m or rather my legs are not the prototype for such workouts. Huh, you just discovered this???!!!

Single sets of:
a) Precor hack squat (600lbs AGAIN)
b) Technogym leg press (160kg is the hottest trend these days)
c) Technogym leg extension (started at 50kg which to my SURPRISE was very do-able…I refused to look at the final weight stack)
d) Nautilus Nitro prone leg curl (continue with the blind attempt from the previous workout)

Supersets of:
e) Cybex plate loaded leg squat press (Michael: oh let’s add another 45lbs (each side mind you)…actually, let’s just round it up to 100lbs. Mind: yeah right…try doing 600lbs after all the above and we’re not even done yet…since this is a superset.)
f) DB walking lunges

Single set of:
g) Precor AbCrunch

I had MAJOR trouble walking to the office this morning…and it’s just over an hour after our workout…

No comments: