Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Leg Massacre Part 5

Continuing our my whine-fest. Previous collections here, here, here and here.

The fact that I’m posting this at 4pm tells you just how hectic things have been at the office. Oh, you don’t care much, eh? Sorry, I’m being too self-important and big-headed. Right from the word “Go” this morning, the legs were really “feeling” it and for the first time in many months, I was tempted to throw down the gauntlet and bawl my eyes out.

This combination:
1) supposed-to-be-easy-paced-warmed-up run turned into a slightly-faster-and-“farked”-myself pace;
2) new start weights (i.e. the usual middle of the set weights);
3) increased weight load

Supersets of:
a) EPIC hack squat (I didn’t know if I should be thankful we did this instead of the Smith machine – couldn’t find the foam roller for the trap support)
b) Cybex seated calf raises

Supersets of:
c) Cybex plate weight loaded leg squat press (my Michael’s favourite torture device; glutes were definitely worked)
d) BB static lunges (hmmm…glutes and quads working, really working hard)

Supersets of:
e) Technogym leg extension (FTW…ended up with 70kgs?)
f) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Abduction (another FTW)
g) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Adduction (FTW party going on here)

Single sets of:
h) Technogym leg press (crap! Amir was around to help with the pick up push…and on the last rep. And we dived straight into the full weight stack instead of building up gradually)
i) Cybex prone leg curl (see points (2) and (3) above)
j) Cybex Eagle Abdominal


Kid you not…it’s really 180,000 rows; the breaking point for my PC is roundabouts 400,000, last I checked. In the meantime, hope your Wednesday is better than mine.

No comments: