Thursday, September 6, 2012

Did it!

Desa Park City Run – 5 September 2012

Route: 1 lap around Desa Park City
Distance: 6km (Garmin: 6.06km)
Timing: 31:54 for 5:15 min/km pace

Yay! Managed to “run” up the Desa Park City hill again after last week’s disappointment although I should mention that power walking/hiking is probably faster! In fact, I felt like I was walking. Ok, no more putting myself down – I’m going to keep at that hill until I get it. It might take a few weeks, months or years but I want to do it. “Employed” a new strategy last night – I made Kenny the carrot last night and kept a 20m distance between us; worked out perfectly…until we came to the 1km climb or rather the last half of the climb. Enjoyed the quad thrashing downhill after that; yes, quad thrashing; figured that I might as well let go; after all, they were pretty mashed up after the morning’s session and I wasn’t planning on anything legs today.

Neighbourhood Run – 6 September 2012

Route: 1 lap around Taman Megah
Distance: 6km (Garmin: 5.93km)
Timing: 32:00 for 5:23 min/km pace

Woke up with 2 minds as to whether I could do this since I was practically shuffling when I got home last night but I knew I would probably hate myself more if I didn’t at least put in a mile or 2. Slow going and then the realization hit me like a ton of bricks! I’m actually enjoying this slow easy pace! Golly, it took me so long to figure this out! Finished up with the elliptical and some ab crunches in the gym. The entire lower limbs are now numb, sore and achy; so it looks like an upper body strength training session tomorrow. Hope to be back on asphalt on Saturday morning.

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: