Thursday, August 30, 2012

The run where the wheels came off

Desa Park City Run – 29 August 2012

Route: 1 lap around Desa Park City
Distance: 6km (Garmin: 6.09km)
Timing: 31:41 for 5:12 min/km pace

We started off too fast – as always when Kenny and I run together although we did try to rein in. Both of us had “easy recovery” run on scheduled – he did a laddered interval workout the previous evening while I ran Taman Desa Seputeh hills on Tuesday and a leg strength training earlier in the morning.

On tap: 5:30min/km pace

Actual (before the wheels came off aka first 2km of pancake flat route): 5:00min/km pace or less

Actual (when the wheels came off): God knows…I felt so slow running/hiking/whatever up the 800m CONTINUOUS hill

I’m {still} pretty bummed about it but I knew there was no way I could have gone any faster; the quads and glutes were absolutely thrashed from the morning’s session (you know they’re when you’re shuffling around the office the whole day and keeping any walking, movement etc to a minimum); sometimes you just have to play it by ear. The legs continued to be in “negative” mode when I woke up; yup, definitely thrashed.

That &%#@!~* hill kept gnawing at me the whole night so I’m going to keep powering at it until I get it right. If. Ever. If. It’s. Possible. Pipe dreams?

BTW, Question Of The Day: anyone knows why we need to climb this hill and then turnaround and come back down?!?!?!

Today’s Workout:
a) Easy recovery pace on the elliptical
b) Yoga

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: