Friday, September 7, 2012

Five Things Friday

1. I need a stronger cup of java today! Have been fighting the zzz monsters this whole week and so far, it’s 4-0. Of course, most of it have been my own doing – trawling the Internet, G-chatting etc every night.

2. Buteyko was tough this morning because my mind was wandering but I got it done. There’s really no discernible pattern to “fantastic”, “good”, “average” or “downright trodden” days with Buteyko and I’ve been doing it everyday for the past 4 years. The days when you think the stars are lined up perfectly (e.g. relaxed, concentrated, sufficient sleep, no “prohibited” food the previous day etc), bam…you get hit by a ton of bricks and it becomes the toughest 2 minutes of your life.

3. The plantar fasciitis on the left heel is acting up; figuring if I should take the weekend off running as well. In addition to having Mr Soon massage the h*ll out of it. I thought {mistakenly} that it was on the road to recovery after a less-painful week last week but voila…it’s been killing me after every single run this week. Michael “theorizes” that it’s probably tired and stressed this week. Remedies welcome!

4. Bento Box Lunch: Half and half portions of rice, “salmon” (don’t ask me how they made it look so real!) and “tired looking” veg and pasta salad


5. Michael and I worked on Shoulders & Delts this morning – final workout for the week. 4-day strength training weeks are tough but I know they’re good for me. Suck it up buttercup!

Single sets of:
a) Smith machine overhead shoulder press (nothing like a tough one to kickstart the session, eh?!?!?!)
b) DB lateral raise (some respite coz we went lighter but this was “compensated” by higher reps)
c) BB standing overhead shoulder press, military press style (and the respite ended!)

Supersets of:
d) Technogym cable criss cross rear delt (drop sets; and it tough, tough, tough)
e) Aeromat ball standing frontal raise

Supersets of:
f) Technogym cable upright row (new weight!)
g) Abs crunches on fitball

1 comment:

Jen Feeny said...

I had to look up what Buteyko was, very interesting!!!

I'm sorry your PF is acting up, I have a friend who's dealing with it too, just keep elevating, resting, and rolling your foot over a tennis ball to help break it up.

Have a wonderful weekend!