Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cardiac Inducing Wednesday

Right there I was with a smug on my face thinking it’ll be a Chest & Pecs day to be brought down to earth with an earth shattering holler “We do Legs today, ya?”. Next ensuing scene – an imminent cardiac arrest. After I was momentarily resuscitated, another bout followed when we started with the 700lbs squats.

Supersets of:
a) Cybex plate weight loaded leg squat press (400lbs for appetizer/warm up * 20 reps; incrementals of 90-200lbs * minimum of 12 reps I think)
b) EPIC hack squat (high reps since we were doing the reverse from the usual; legs were shaking from rep 8 and remember this was HIGH REPS; thanks for dessert M!)

Supersets of:
c) KB walking lunges (pointedly refused to look at the markings for the weight; I still don’t know now; ignorance is bliss…yeah I can say that now but grunt, curse etc while attempting not to make a fool of myself walking across the gym)
d) Cybex seated calf raises

Single sets of:
e) Technogym leg extension (since the glutes were already on fire from set 2 of the squats, I had the mind to call off walking to the mezz floor for this!)
f) Cybex prone leg curl

Supersets of:
g) Cybex Ab Crunch
h) Precor bicep curl (not good since arms are still sore; can I whine about the lats as well?)

No comments: