Thursday, May 9, 2013

Taman Desa Seputeh Hill Training – 9 May 2013

Route: Le Chateau - Taman Desa Seputeh
Distance: 9km (Garmin: 8.92km)
Timing: 50:22 for 5:38 min/km pace

This route should officially be gazetted “I lost count of the number of cliffs I traversed”. I was surprised when Kenny Whatsapp-ed (yes, that’s a word in my dictionary) me yesterday about doing a longer-than-our-usual-5km. Onz bro.

Home to train station (2.987km; 17:12)
I’ve been slower these past week and have been trailing Kenny…by a wide margin. I wonder what’s he taking?!?!?! The first half of the route is an UPHILL BATTLE and to “add” to my misery, I tacked on the 200m climb to Seputeh Heights <<<<<< signs of dementia since I obviously didn’t learn my lesson.

Taman Desa Seputeh lap (3.341km; 18:44)
Our usual hunting ground. Know something? I miss the uncle who I used to say “Good Morning” and wave to. Nopez, didn’t see him today.

Uncle, if you’re reading this…I miss ya and am really hoping to see you next week!

Train station to home (2.592km; 14:22)
Some climbs but the dramatic Grand Canyons were in the previous sectionS. Another record this morning: moving faster than the cars on Lorong Syed Putra Kiri. Additional boost came from Kenny’s shoutout across the wall compound on the last 20m.

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: