Friday, February 17, 2012

Five Things Friday

1. Exceptionally busy Friday morning in the office…and it extended till past and over lunch. And it’s past lunch because I had to work through it. So you figured that you’ve crossed the hurdle…then a pile of stuff gets dumped on you at 4pm! Whoever said Fridays are toned down days?!?! I wish I had an operational type of job where the scope of work and times are pretty much fixed. Anyone know of any openings?

2. KW and I have been G-chatting these past week – it’s fun and today we got talking about our meals. Yeah, mine is plain and simple and the SAME: oatmeal or sandwich for lunch. He’s tells me he brings a Bento box to the office everyday and we’re (or moi) will attempt to make a Bento box lunch next week. Now, does anyone have any idea where I can get a box and the cutters for bread/fruit/veg etc? Lordy, I’ve zero inkling on how I’ll pull this off! Just look at my half-past-6 idea of doing a WIAW (idea from the imitable P&C).

3. I started using this earlier this week on Pinky’s recommendation. So far so good as in I’ve not and am not breaking out in hives and zits and whatever else. Everyone is spared from hideous pics. We’ll see how or if my skin “clears up” in another week or so though given that I’ve tough as cowhide leather and dry as desert skin coupled with blemishes.


4. Blackberry or iPhone? We’re supposed to maintain one mobile device or rather the firm will only pay for one (vs the current practice of mobile and Blackberry – no clue why they’re only waking up to the cost saving idea now!). I’m leaning towards the former because of the BBM function. Your take?

5. DOMS (or should I say, not DOMS) showed up on time! I can feel my quads tinkling with some soreness and get this…this is just walking from the pantry to my desk (flat route, 100% flat and I’m sure the building contractor is qualified) and this is only from that “many” leg workouts this morning. Nope, not yesterday. Nope, not Wednesday. Heck, we didn’t even do any hill training this week.

4 Supersets of:
a) Smith machine squats (we kept the weight fairly light as Michael wanted me to do the full version)
b) {The ever horrifying} Precor plate weight leg squat press (no need to guess the weight we started with or ended up; the first of the heavier weight set was a fluke and Michael was wondering about the “low energy”)

Single sets of:
c) DB walking lunges with split lunges at the end of the way before walking back (split lunges and I are not BFFs)

Supersets of:
d) BB combo of squats and overhead shoulder press with a few reps of the latter at the end
e) Abs on wheels!

Supersets of:
f) Technogym cable criss cross for rear delt
g) Technogym cable upright row

Can someone knock some sense into me???? Apparently, I BBM-ed Michael earlier this morning suggesting we train 4 times next week.

No comments: