Friday, February 10, 2012

Five Things Friday

  1. Long week over my end here and that’s because I gotta sit through a DAY LONG conference/course tomorrow. Yeah, we’re all TRILLED, make that EXTREMELY TRILLED, at that prospect of being cooped up in a room for 8-10 hours on a weekend. At least the company will be enjoyable; I foresee lots of yapping about things UNRELATED to the topic to be presented. Whoever arranges for courses on weekends should be shot, resuscitated, revived and shot again!
  2. Have not been overdoing the Buteyko after last Friday’s “catastrophe”. It felt déjà vu all over; the last time I was this sick was the first 3 days after adopting the Buteyko breathing. Then I didn’t think that I had that much gunk in my body but the Buteyko and its detox cleansing doesn’t lie. This time: I forgot Shilpa’s warning about how powerful the Buteyko can it. And paid for it. Ah…on the bright side, I got the rest I needed and “cleaned” my body inside out. LOL!
  3. Speaking of Shilpa, she’ll be hosting a mediation-cum-Mantra session this weekend and re-starting the Breathing & Meditation classes the following weekend. The best deal? It’s in the evening! Which of course means I could get my runs, workouts, yoga etc done in the morning and snooze in the afternoon (this is VERY VERY IMPORTANT I tell you people!) before winding down the day with Shilpa’s class. Double yay!
  4. I’ll need at least 2 cuppa this afternoon to get through the day. Is that too much???? I usually stick to one in the morning and another in the afternoon. I blame it squarely on an awesome weekend getaway (which nothing and no one can top!), yesterday’s run, this morning’s workout and tomorrow’s insipid schedule.
  5. Legs-and-shoulders this morning and Michael and I discussed about slotting in an additional (or 2) leg workouts on the other days. Ok, I’ll come clean – I made that request. No, last I checked, my head is firmly screwed to my neck. Thing is…I think my legs are weak (notwithstanding anything Michael says!) and they do look puny…I’ve chicken feet! Oh, maybe I do have an image problem. Right, enough of rambling. Here’s the roundup from this morning:
4 Supersets of:
a) EPIC hack squat (usual 600lbs and it wasn’t too bad except for the final 2 reps)
b) Precor seated calf raises

Supersets of:
c) Technogym leg press (oh hi hi! Long time no see! Yes, please go ahead and “murder” me with 180lbs, give and take)
d) Technogym leg extension (these 2 workouts while on their own is very do-able (ok, that’s a blatant lie) is so NOT ON after a 600lbs squat!)

Single set of:
e) Freemotion cable dual handle seated overhead shoulder press

Supersets of:
f) Technogym cable upper criss cross pull-down (standing this time – a first?)
g) Technogym cable criss cross for rear delt
h) Decline shoulder press on Bosu (toes elevated on bench since Missy here couldn’t balance it up the wall. So classy.)

Supersets of:
i) Precor AbCrunch
j) Combo of Aeromat bicep curl and overhead shoulder press

No comments: