Monday, February 13, 2012

Too Much Rest?

So yeah I had to “work” on Saturday which means I had to make “full use” of Sunday to rest. Logical, right? Well it kinda work out that way. Apart from a short neighbourhood run in the morning, the rest of the day was spent chilling out at home, specifically in my AC-ed room. Hey, did anyone notice that the day temps are now 33 degrees odd??? I don’t know about you but that’s roasting in the oven for me.

To up the ante on the current theme, I went for Yoga Nidra at Shilpa’s. Wow, what can I say? Just 15 minutes and I felt like a $1 million; no kidding – rested and at peace. Now comes the difficult part – incorporating it into my daily schedule which probably means after my shower when I get home. Best laugh from the class: you gotta start all over if you fall zzz! NB: the breathing and relaxation exercise we were guided through Yoga Nidra yesterday involved lying down similar to Savashana position (recipe for disaster for most!).

With all that “rest”, you would think I would fly through this morning’s workout. Nope, didn’t happen. Crap-a-listic! Just don’t tell me I’m the type that needs a more fatigued body to get through them! Right, here’s this morning’s chest workout. Not. Pretty. Not. At. All.

4 - 5 (I kid you not!) Single sets of:
a) Smith machine bench chest press (drop sets on sets 4 and 5…when I was already half dead and to think that this was only the FIRST workout!)
b) Smith machine bench incline chest press (continue “ebbing away” and hoping the bar doesn’t drop flat out on me…it was a close call. Like this * close)
c) Hoist chest press (you expect me to be able to do this after the first 2 workouts???!!! My sentiments exactly.)

4 Supersets of:
d) Technogym cable bench chest fly (stupid balancing act…I’ve such finesse at not doing it naturally)
e) Push-ups on Bosu (I take the previous statement back…balancing on the Bosu probably looked like a circus scene)

Single sets of:
f) BB pull-overs followed by close grip chest press (obviously the last part was a COMPLETE wash out)
g) Precor AbCrunch

No comments: