Friday, December 9, 2011

Five Things Friday

1. Fridays and Decembers should be about winding down and enjoying the moment, not dealing with issues and problems. Simple resolvable and back end issues and problems. Yeah, work (again).

2. SW and HTN will definitely be winding down – it’s their last weekend in town before going back to Amsterdam for the hols. I’m now scrambling (see item 1 above) to prepare my shopping list. Top of which is Pinderkaas and a long sleeve tech tee. Anything else I should include?

3. I’m hoping to continue with my somewhat regular massage sessions with Chayy now that she’s back from her hols. Great, doe s it sound like the entire world is on hols EXCEPT me???!!!

4. Everything took longer than usual this morning – from my Buteyko prep to getting out of the house because I woke up with some GI issues (sorry TMI!). Not too sure what triggered this since I didn’t eat or drink anything out of the ordinary from my regular-as-a-clockwork meals. Perhaps it was the granola I had for dinner last night – appetite has been almost non-existent in the last couple of days and I was bored (yes, shocker!) of the usual humdrum of pasta.

5. I could hardly feel my upper body yesterday and was secretly hoping the soreness would abate when I woke up this morning. Nopez, it did not. I met Michael at 7 this morning and knew that the shoulder workout would be a challenge. Spot on again. Guess what…I’ve another torture session with Michael on Sunday because next Friday’s session is iffy. Today’s legs-and-shoulders routine:

Single sets of:

a) Technogym leg press (Hi! Hi! Long time no see…yeah it was a killer as usual and the first set is not counted!)

b) Cybex prone leg curl

Supersets of:

c) Technogym leg extension (went up to 45lbs)

d) Walking lunges with weight plates (trust me when I say your legs turn to jello at this stage!)

Supersets of:

e) Technogym overhead shoulder press

f) Plate weight frontal raise

Supersets of:

g) DB lateral raise

h) Technogym cable criss cross back-shoulder opener

i) Technogym cable upright row

Single set of:

j) Abs on wheels

No comments: