Thursday, July 28, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 27 July 2011

Attendees:

a) “Boss” Ronnie

b) Group Lead Kei Ming

c) Aron

d) KK

e) Vijay

f) Lai (ran on his own)

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.05km – story below)

Timing: 46:44 for 5:10 min/km pace

Lap 1

Kei Ming, KK, Vijay and I started at around 6:10 pm, slightly earlier than the usual 6:30 pm since all of us were there and basically doing nothing. I didn’t have time to set the Garmin or rather the GPS signal didn’t pick up until 300 meters into lap 1. I wasn’t too concerned with timing since my legs were probably in recovery mode (which it was not looking at the timing!) after the weekend’s double, Tuesday’s run and the morning’s leg workout. Ok, typing these out does make it sound maniacal now! Why didn’t you guys stop me?!

We started at a leisurely pace…as usual and covered the first lap in 13+ minutes (according to Vijay).Vijay and I were slightly ahead and powered on to the next lap.

Laps 2 and 3

I ran the next 2 rounds with Vijay – faster pace but it was comfortable. His timing puts us at 11+ minutes. Holy smokes! Sure it was a bit faster but I didn’t feel like “dying”; I guess the early afternoon shower helped; plus Boss was not around a.k.a. stress-free although we did spot him at the start point when we were coming in after lap 2. I thought he was going to join us but he made no such move – guess he was waiting for Kei Ming. We plowed onto lap 3 and midway through, Vijay told me he was topping it off here…and after he said that…he bazooka ahead for last 300 meters! Bah!

Lap 4

Since I’m that anal about clocking 4 laps or 9.2km, I ran slightly ahead after the finish point to the shed and up the incline to top off at 9.05km. Yeah slightly under the magical 9.2km but I was done! I probably ran the last lap a bit too fast hence the zero inclination to hit 9.2km on the Garmin. LOL! After this, it was swinging back and forth on the swing at the playground watching and cheering the rest on – Aron did ask Vijay and I to join them for a slow 3 lapper. I maybe slightly maniacal but I’m not suicidal! Well, apparently neither was Vijay.

Workout this morning:

a) 60 min Cybex Arc Trainer elliptical cross trainer at an easy pace since Kenny couldn’t make it for a run this morning (saved by the bell!)

b) Sun salutations A and B

No comments: