Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Things Friday

1. Yup, trying to get back to regular FTF programming. Think it has been a couple of weeks since this appeared? Anyway, this week went well for me; sure I caught up with bits and pieces of work after the extended weekend. Did I mention how awesome it was? I’ll be working tomorrow afternoon-evening…so that’s a bit of a downer but hopefully I can leave before dinner; can’t complain too much since there’ll be some guys who’ll be working even later than me.

2. With the maid gone, Grandma has been helping me with dinner but I told her to skip the sauce since she’s already bogged down with so much already. I got some EVOO from Giant last night and will be using it in place of a tomato sauce. Will try to get some pesto sauce over the weekend for added variety. Also stocked up on crackers and peanut butter as well as soy milk and Toasties.

I should be able to ride it out until a replacement maid is found. Yeah, notice how dependent we are on hired help? Oh, on the Toasties, they were yummylicious! Yuppers, had them for din last night.

3. It’ll be a double celebration this weekend – SW’s early birthday and my doing well in last weekend’s races. I’ve ordered the Red Velvet – it’ll be a first for all of us; we just need to get it to find out what the rage is all about! Will post the pictures next week. Exciting times ahead!

4. I’ve been trying to increase the sets on my Buteyko, ok, just one measly one but if you’re a Buteyko practitioner, you know how difficult it is to even get through one set. Of course, it also hinges on how much time I have in the morning. So far so good – it’s been 4 sets about 2-3 times a week.

5. Michael may have been reading my mind these past few weeks since we’ve been working on weights on Fridays instead of functional training or plyometrics. Yup, that’s what we did today – total body workout although the weights were considerably lighter. Here are the 2 giant supersets; the last one being core strength focused:

Supersets of:

a) Free standing pull-ups

b) Free standing dips

c) DB walking lunges

d) Plate weight bendover back row

e) DB combo of squats and overhead shoulder press

f) Hoist chest press

Supersets of:

g) TRX pull-ups with legs on wall (and I was sliding, sliding and sliding down since the core = super weak. Haiz.)

h) TRX atomic

i) Abs on wheels

j) Plank

No comments: