Can it be possible to have too many huaraches?!?!?!?! So this is my stash…so far
Luna Sandals – Venado
Unshoes – Wokova Feather
Xeros – Sensori Venture
My vote goes to the monkeys! LOL! That’s Luna-speak. Done countless runs in them with the single highest mileage being 30km.
- It’s expensive but the overall feel is that it’s solid.
- Footbed feels “plush” similar to a cushion on your feet but doesn’t take away from the ground feel.
- Footbed molds to your feet; so now the sandal is a bit of a curvy C – some sort of your imprint on your Lunas. Kinda love this coz I can now say it’s me!
- Snug straps that stays in place.
- Easy adjustable strap.
- Fastest delivery; got my sandals in a week.
Haven’t gone past 5km; so far it’s been mainly slow jogs around the block. Probably too early to tell.
- Minimal packaging – green vote!
- Thinnest sole of the three. I’ve no issue with foot reflexology but those of you who are new to minimalist footwear may want to consider a thicker footbed/sole.
- Easiest adjustable strap and it allows you to remove or put on your sandals readily.
- An in between off-the-shelf and custom made huaraches. Unshoes has a few templates for both the right and left foot as well as the position of the toe stud/strap. This is probably the closest to a custom made huaraches. I wish they had separate templates for the right and left toe straps – the position of toe strap on my feet were different and I guesstimate the closest/mid fit.
- Feels flimsier than the Luna and that’s coz of the thinner sole.
- Some flapping sound when I run which I gather is normal and you’ll get used to it. Doesn’t happen to the Lunas though. Someone commented that it could be due to not securing the strap tightly. Thoughts?
- Quick response from the team when I inquired if it was possible to speedy up the shipment. Had originally planned on having them as a spare for an event last month; in the end, I didn’t need them.
My least favourite pair only coz I had the toe strap come off my original pair and replacement pair. WTH! Trouble come in twos?!?! The first pair – first run, after 5km. Replacement pair – second run at km 11, so that’s after 15km. I give up!
- Thin sole for a more ground feel; it would be the in-between the Lunas and Unshoes.
- Great response from the team when I emailed them to let them know about the toe strap coming off. In fact, it was an almost immediate reply and they were so nice to send me 2 additional toe straps and a new pair of Xeros.
- Some flapping but not as “loud” as the Unshoes.
- Straps are easier to adjust when your feet are not in them.
- The heel strap tends to ride down during the run but not to the point of hitting your bottom heel.
- Overall feel: flimsy.
All my runs are on roads and pavements which these sandals are designed and made for; there are options for trails – think thicker soles. Be happy to hear about your experience on and off roads with the above models or other models.
There are a few more names in the market but I think my credit card has had enough of exercise…for the moment. LOL!