Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Five Things Friday

First off...apologies...I wrote this last Friday and forgot to hit "Publish" :(

Man, it has been a tough few weeks! Hopefully things should ease now that we closed the deal or will close the deal on Monday. [we did close the deal yesterday! ]

1. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US!

2. And Black Friday has officially kicked off…ok, maybe some jumped the gun. Looking forward to shopping coma today, tomorrow and Sunday. So what’s in your shopping cart?

3. Before I forget, anyone doing the RW streak?

4. Unfortunately for me though, I’ll be working tomorrow afternoon and hopefully get a day off in lieu next week. Definitely not looking forward to that! The working bit, I mean. Ok, looks like I wasn’t the only one who thought the feng shui here was “less than conducive” (from the perspective of the employee!) – everyone seems to be working later and later since shifting here. And this is only my first week here!

5. Was crazy enough, not to mention stupid and harebrained, to ask Michael to incorporate some leg workout into this morning’s planned Shoulders & Delts. And on closing, Michael commented that it was a good session since we were able to do 3 workouts per superset.

Supersets of:
a) Smith machine overhead shoulder press (OMFG, they changed the weight plates from lbs to kgs; ok, ok, I admit it doesn’t make much of a difference except psychologically and ya’all know I’m not “mentally” strong)
b) DB Arnold press
c) {At HRH request} Cybex weight plate loaded leg squat press (having “fun” on the first set since it was “light”; regretting my request on the next 3 coz the weights doubled up)

Supersets of:
d) DB lateral raise
e) DB static raised lunges (tough on the weights but “gentler” on my left tendon vis-à-vis walking lunges)

Supersets of:
f) Technogym cable criss cross rear delt
g) Technogym cable upright row
h) Push-ups balanced on 2 medicine balls (FTW! I thought it was legs…how did this end up here?!?!?!)

Single set of:
i) Abs roll-out

No comments: