Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lazy Wednesday,Hartamas Training & Track Thursday

Cross training day with a Back & Lats workout on Wednesday



Supersets of:

a) Free-standing pull-ups (happy to get this outta way and somehow didn’t dread it as much as I used to)

b) DB bendover row



Single set of:

c) Olympic BB deadlift (it’s not really the weight that pulled me down; rather the grip was my nemesis yesterday morning!)


Supersets of:

d) LF cable close grip lat pulldown (where I was literally hanging off the iron bar coz it was so heavy!)

e) LF cable medium grip upper back row



Supersets of:

f) LF cable low row (dropsets) (continuing the saga of heavy weights)

g) DB single arm row (probably the only “recovery” workout all morning)



Supersets of:

h) Technogym cable reverse pull/pressdown (not my favourite for sure!)

i) Abs rollout balancing on Bosu

Wednesday’s {Second} Workout

Route: 2 laps around Hartamas
Distance: 2 * 2.3km = 4.6km (Garmin: 4.58km)
Timing: 26:10 for 5:43 min/km pace

Impromptu run after work when Kenny Whatsapp-ed me; thought of taking the day off running since I’ve been running since Saturday – hey, I need at least 1-2 days off a week! Didn’t think it would be that bad since he was planning on going at a 6min pace for a long run (15-20km).

Lap 1 (2.27km; 13:29)
Hmm…starting the climb. Not a good omen but hey, no one of us can bulldoze the hill at Hartamas, right? Hot and humid but keep going.

Lap 2 (2.31km; 12:39)
Holy crap! It’s really hot and humid and I wanted to be done ASAP. Finally, the finish line! Glad I made it out there last night – it’s good to run with Kenny again.

Track Tuesday – 19 September 2013

Route: UM
Distance: 5 * 1km

Wanted to bail out on this morning’s track workout after yesterday’s double but Kenny didn’t get my message until he got there. Oh well, let’s get it over and done with.

Lap 1: warming up

Lap 2: ok, not too bad

Lap 3: ok-ish if I keep my sights on whatever’s in front or what I see

Lap 4: I don’t wanna do this; at least Kenny said this was the last one

Lap 5: he lied! Legs were shredded after 4 sets, so it was the second slowest (lap 1 takes the cake!)

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: