Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Taman Seputeh Hill Training – 4 June 2013

Route: Le Chateau - Taman Desa Seputeh
Distance: 6.20km (Garmin)
Timing: 34:10 for 5:30 min/km pace

Solo run this morning as Kenny is nursing a back ache. Legs and glutes were jello this morning courtesy of this. That and the zzz monsters. Seriously, how many hours do I need?!?!?! Eg over the weekend, I clocked 8-9 hours on Thursday and still snoozed my way through Friday afternoon – and continued to battle zzz monsters before the flag off.

Home to train station (3.577km; 20:12)
Km1: Crusade started with a 300m uphill battle to La Chateau 1. Fark! Stray dogs on the opposite side barking and looked like they were gonna come after me. Right, how do I get back down without running past them?!?!?! Skipped the school portion because it’s the school holidays and I was solo. Running my heart out (sort of) downhill coz the barking intensified and those fellas looked like they were running towards me. How’s that for a quick warm up?!

Km 2-3: Hill climbs along Jalan Robson, Jalan Taman Seputeh and Seputeh Heights. Yeah, skipped the Thean Hou climb coz it looked way too imposing. Looked? It is imposing! A 500m up, continuous mount, not rolling hills.

Last bit: Whizzing down hill to the train station.

Train station to home (2.625km; 13:56)
Km1: Remember that descent in the last bit? Guess what…gotta go back up. Consolation it being “gentler” than the first half of the route.

Km2: Probably my favourite section – downhill!

0.625km: Home!

No comments: