Thursday, June 13, 2013

Desa Park City and Taman Desa Seputeh Trainings – 12 & 13 June 2013

Wednesday’s {Second/Double Legs} Workout

Route: Desa Park City
Distance: 5.63km (Garmin)
Timing: 35:46 for 6:21 min/km pace

Lap 1: Started at Maybank and walked about 1 mile to shake out the protesting legs. Wednesdays’ workouts are doubles and it’s not a die-die-must-do. So the plan was to stroll around DPC to de-stress and break the home-work-home cycle.

Lap 2: Hmm…maybe a slow easy jog? Yeah, let’s keep it easy. Bumped into William who was running with a friend in the opposite direction and spotted Y running insanely fast (turns out that it was his interval day).

Lap 3: Bumped into William at the car park and he suggested we run together. Biggest mistake of my life! He just went faster and faster and faster! And I blame the dude entirely for the blister on blister on the balls of my right sole!

Thursday’s Workout

Route: La Chateau – Taman Desa Seputeh
Distance: 8.81km (Garmin)
Timing: 48:57 for 5:33 min/km pace [stopped Garmin about 30 second+++ late coz hands were frozen numb]

Home to train station with Desa Seputeh loop
This was a part solo run as Kenny decided to run the out-and-back to the train station but “instructed” me to do the Desa Seputeh loop. Yes, I needed the mileage, jello legs be damned! He did say I could do it slowly and I took his advice to heart. I was a glutton for punishment because I did the Seputeh Heights climb as well.

Train station to home
OMG! The “stupidblister is making way too many noises and my hands were frozen numb so much so that I had to ask Kenny’s neighbor who was coming out of the gate to help me stop the timing. 2 very near misses with the buses (one near the traffic lights and another before the turn off heading home) – like this close II (kid you not. Really. Seriously.) – had me thinking about researching and finding a new route…after the heart rate comes down from 891,465,397,258,607 bpm!

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: