Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Legs Day!

Taman Desa Seputeh Hill Training – 20 February 2013


Route: 2 laps around Taman Desa Seputeh

Distance: 9km (Garmin)

Timing: 50:52 for 5:38 min/km pace

Since I was going to follow through today’s run with a leg workout, there really isn’t any point in farking myself. Besides with new start and finish, there’s that extra 500m of hills at the end.

Warm up: House to train station (1.149km; 7:12)

Easy going where we ran side by side with convo on MWM. BTW, have you guys signed up for this yet????? Do it soon!

Lap 1 (3.357km; 18:54)

Keeping it easy although Kenny dropped back about 500m into the first km. Hmmm…also the first climb doesn’t seem as steep as it used to be – perhaps the re-tarring of the road added some height? Oi…would that be a waste of resources??? Isn’t a thinner layer sufficient? Beats me, ain’t no engineer.

Lap 2 (3.358km; 18:19)

Bumped, waved to Kenny about 300m into my first km as he was heading to the train station. All systems looking good ie I didn’t fark myself! Don’t forget this! coz you still have that awful steep climb at the end.

Finishing mile: Train station to house (1.140km; 6:23)

Speeded the flats heading towards and on Old Klang Road although had to dodge a Kancil at the junction; conserving the tank for the dreaded climb which came too soon. Well, at least the dog outside the showroom didn’t run or attack me! That’s a score in my books, barks not counted.

Legs’ Workout

Training with Adrian this morning where the focus was on “full range; good form”, hence the lighter weights. I let this fool me because I’m now nursing sore quads and glutes. FTW! Ah the good kind of soreness…missed ya for the past week! I also think we need a new or alternative term for DOMS – those that arrive early! First shout out gets to patent it!

Single sets of:
a) LF Hammer Strength leg squat press

b) Smith machine squats (dropsets – FTW! And it drops by each plate load, not the single or double that I do with Michael!)

Supersets of:

c) Plate weight walking lunges

d) Plate weight raised static lunges (OMFG…the quads, the quads, the quads!)

Single sets of:

e) LF seated leg curl (don’t forget today’s theme!)

f) Abs crunches with medicine ball

Right, that’s a wrap for the day. I’ll hibernate and nurse my legs for the rest of the day week. Thank you very much.

No comments: