Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Taman Desa Seputeh Hill Training – 8 January 2013

Route: 2 laps around Taman Desa Seputeh
Distance: 2 * 4km = 8km (Garmin: 7.74km)
Timing: 46:17 for 5:58 min/km pace

I so wanted to bail out on this morning’s run – I woke up super zzz (still trying to adjust to working life after a 3-week layoff; yes, it was a wonderful time not having to wake up to alarms, leisurely breakfasts, lunches, teas, meet-ups with friends, window or real shopping etc) and the calves were tight and sore courtesy of this.

Trudging up Batu Caves on Sunday evening………………after running the MPIB and weight training in the morning. It takes a full 72 hours (cue from precedents) before the calves are back to some sort of working mode; today is hour 36.

Photo credits to Tey




Warm up: House to train station via furniture mall (0.824km; 5:55)
CNY is definitely upon us (read: hot and humid). See the number of excuses reasons why this run should have been cancelled! Oh wait, another one, it takes at least 2km before I know if my hip flexor is up to it. If it’s not nagging and I can have somewhere like 70-80% of movement, it’ll be good to go.

Lap 1 (3.238km; 19:07)
Someone decided to play farlek…………….on HILLS. FTW! I gave up after downhill on km1 though the game ended after km2.

Lap 2 (3.297km; 18:51)
Since it was game over, we were back to our usual modus operandi. I was mostly alone on this lap and waved “hi” to the neighbourhood uncle.

Finishing mile: Train station to house (0.381kmkm; 2:22)
Since I was going slower, I had more in the tank but figured I shouldn’t push my luck.

And and and, I probably need a hard reset on the Garmin – it’s been measuring short for the last few runs.

No comments: