Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Changing the Mindset

Apparently I need a knock on the head. Both the PT and PT (extensive 1-hr session yesterday and this morning) said there’s really nothing wrong with me and I need to “avoid” walking lopsided, taking extreme caution etc with both the hip and heel because by doing so, I’m just aggravating, tiring and risking injury to another section. The latter even chipped in to say that it wouldn’t have been possible to push through 600lbs today; just need to CHANGE THE MINDSET AND HAVE THE CONFIDENCE. Hah! If only it was that easy and if only there is a pill I could pop for that!

So this morning’s still-there-strength-and-need-to-rebuild-confidence:

Supersets of:
a) Smith machine squats (half-a** (kinda appropriate, eh) on the first set because it wasn’tbalanced”; yeah see paragraph above on taking extreme caution)
b) Cybex leg squat press (Now look who’s taking extreme caution?!?! Well, that was short lived since seeing me “having fun” with 200lbs, Michael decided it was “business as usual” from the second set)

Single set of:
c) Cybex prone leg curl

Supersets of:
d) LF leg extension (the Technogym one was out of commission. Le sigh. Would have love to push heavier though apparently LF is a “tougher” version)
e) Nautilus Nitro Plus and Cybex Hip Abductor (we were switching between machines since it was occupied; Michael is still hesitant about putting me thru the paces for this (and the adductor) although I told him I’m ok, no pressure, no nothing)

Single set of:
f) Cybex Eagle Abdominal

We skipped the lunges and double leg press this morning because Michael thinks I’m not ready. Look who’s talking eh?

No comments: