Friday, September 28, 2012

TGIF!

Evidently work doesn’t tone down as the weekday progresses because not only did I find myself in the office early earlier than my usual 9:15-9:30 am today, I only managed a 30 min lunch break. Ok, granted that my lunch hour was substantially taken up by a very chatty client and I was too polite to excuse myself. We’ll be back with FTF (fingers doubly crossed) next week but in the meantime, if you’re interested, here’s a roundup of a killer Back & Lats workout. And Michael didn’t allow me to start the session with-my-host-hated-and-obviously-difficult-to-do pull-ups. In fact, to torment me, he made it the final one. #coachoftheyear

Supersets of:
a) LF cable lat pull-downs
b) LF cable reverse pulls or known to my idiosyncratic mind as dual handle upper back row (heck, where is the pull-ups when you’re firmly grounded on the floor. Oh, I’m supposed to read it as reverse?!?!?!)

Supersets of:
c) LF cable low row
d) Precor T-bar

Supersets of:
e) Technogym cable criss-cross combo of rear delt and back row (once I got into the groove, which only happened in the second set)
f) Technogym cable back press-down

Supersets of:

g) Free standing pull-ups (finally! The anticipation is over. Can’t say the same about the strength and energy level though)
h) DB bendover back row

Single set of:
i) Abs crunches on fitball

Other stuff. Anyone know how long is a reasonable and normal period for DOMS-ing over this? Apart from looking sexy walking like a duck, it takes me ages (something in the region of 50 minutes) to sit down.

No comments: