Wednesday, September 12, 2012

No Business Thrashing the Legs

That’s right. You read that right. I had no business working the legs. Zilch. Nada. Not after yesterday’s mini debacle – I’m trying to nip it in its bud, hence the aggressive treatment late last night. Yeah, it hurt like h***; in fact the left heel (and now even the right tendon is following its twin!) was sore and tight when I woke up this morning. Heck, even my right calf was and still is sore but I attribute this to the forefoot-midfoot landing.

I digress! So I kept my usually-big-mouth shut and we ended up with a leg workout.

Supersets of:
a) EPIC hack squat (my quads were absolutely shaking…from the first set! And to think it was only the warm up set. It was going to be a long session.)
b) Cybex seated calf raises (the usually-big-mouth was STILL ZIPLOCKED! Michael would have given me a break if I had voiced out – he’s not so callous to push through if it meant keeping injury at bay.)

Supersets of:
c) Cybex weight plate loaded leg squat press (need I say more?!?!?!)
d) DB single leg static raised lunges (there’s something about lunges – I’ve always taken this as an “easier”/”recovery” workout and it continues to surprise me or rather DOMS me)

Single sets of:
e) Technogym leg extension (tell me why I agreed to upz the weight?!?!)
f) Technogym leg press (“conveniently” Nic was around…so Michael decided to execute last week’s plan i.e. starting at 200kg and finishing the fourth (?!?!?!?) with a fully loaded weight stack)
g) Cybex prone leg curl
h) Cybex Ab Crunch

Here’s what the office is flooded with: mooncakes! These are the ones from Li Yen, Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur although we probably every type of them from every single hotel and bakery in town. Trust you guys have started partaking in them?


And it’s incomprehensible (at least to my pea brain) why this post has been littered with “question marks” and “exclamations”.

No comments: