Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Desa Waterpark Training – 4 September 2012

Route: Seputeh – Desa Waterpark – Taman Desa
Distance: 10.21km (Garmin)
Timing: 53:50 for 5:16 min/km pace

We started early. Like really early. 6 am. Ok, maybe it’s not early for some of you but it’s definitely early for Kenny (I’m typically up earlier to put in a round of Buteyko and sun salutations). The early start was for us to finish the run (longer than the usual 2 lapsof Taman Desa Seputeh) by 7:15 in order for Kenny to get to work. Oh, it was also hot and muggy out there; in fact, it’s been so hot, warm and humid this past weekend that the AC has been switched on for most of the afternoon and night.

First half Seputeh – Desa Waterpark (5.083km; 26:51)
Tough going for both of us, more so for Kenny because his asthma acted up. I was slightly ahead as we got onto Old Klang Road and this distance widened as we head into km2-3.

Desa Waterpark – foot of Taman Desa (2.095km; 11:00)
Felt better after the turnaround. Looks like it takes me about 3 miles to warm up.

Climb to Taman Desa hilltop (1.789km; 10:02)
Going with the feel-good factor, decided to tackle the 1.8-2km climb up Taman Desa. Yeah, I couldn’t believe I decided to do it too. Then again, running into the headwinds along Old Klang Road on a traffic-heavy weekday was less appealing. Tough climb and the quads didn’t miss telling me that…CONTINOUSLY; dodged a few cars, vans and bus along the route. Interesting scene: a police car at the side of the road with the swirling blue lights switched on. Yup, now you know how unassuming my runs are if seeing a police car is this highlight!

Taman Desa hilltop - Seputeh (1.240km; 5:52)
I think this section was the only reason I decided on the climb in the previous section. And one huge ass rat ran across the road near the apartment as I speeding downhill! Eeegads!

No comments: