Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Killer Leg Workout

The double leg presses did me in this morning! New weights or rather we started with the previous highs. To rub salt into the wound, 4 sets of each. Can someone please send me a wheelchair???

Supersets of:
a) Cybex plate loaded leg squat press (this was 5 sets since the first at 100lbs/each was not part of the equation. So it was 300lbs/each at set1.)
b) DB raised single leg static lunges (lunges used (operative word) to be my “recovery” workouts; not anymore. Inner thighs and glutes were on fire from rep1.)

Supersets of:
c) Technogym leg extension (this was on the upper level and I was mounting the stairs at “old woman” pace; they should install elevators and lifts! Wait, don’t ya steal my idea…better get that message to them first. Yes, I firmly believe that 20 steps to the mezz floor justify the costs. In fact, I would go so far as call it constitutional.)
d) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Abductor (hmmm…not bad…do-able but not its twin!)
e) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Adductor

Single sets of:
f) Cybex prone leg curl (heavy again and for one fleeting moment, I thought we would wrap up the session with this. I thought wrong.)
g) {OMG} Technogym leg press (OMG! Multiply that by 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 times. 200kg sounds awesome…on paper, not when you’re the one doing it or better worse yet, the one doing it after the workouts above.)
h) Cybex Ab Crunch

SOS alert: please send me a wheelchair! Pronto!

Let’s get back to serious stuff, my thoughts this morning. Yes, it was a killer workout but right from the word “Go”, I felt good and the legs, despite the ligament/tendon strain behind the ankle/above the heel, were strong. I did 2 “heavy duty” runs in the past 3 days and astonishingly, they held up their end of the bargain. {Don’t worry, they’ll be handsomely rewarded when I stuff my face today through to the weekend!}

What’s the point? Stronger muscular skeletal from the buildup to this week? Better nutrition? Rested? Frame of mind? Who knows?!?!?! I’ll just take it.

Today’s Bento Box Lunch:
Takeaway from the neighbourhood mixed rice stall Рwild rice, veg fish and saut̩ed veg (somewhere underneath there). Sorry crappy BB pic.

No comments: