Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kicking off August with Hills – 2 August 2012

Route: 2 laps around Taman Desa Seputeh + 1 lap around Taman Seputeh
Distance: 2 * 4km + 2km = 10km (Garmin: 9.68km)
Timing: 51:54 for 5:21 min/km pace

Gave the legs a respite yesterday evening after Tuesday’s cardiac arrest inducing run. August didn’t get off to a good start eh? Made it up with a date on the Seputeh hills this morning. Kenny and I had a ding-dong-ing text exchange at 5:55 am and he decided to run after all. Yay!

Warm up: House to train station via furniture mall (0.919km; 5:32)
Yep, the 2 dogs near the construction site at his street were still there this morning. With the barks. Oh well, at least I had Kenny who kept telling me that they were harmless and just plod ahead. Easy for him to say.

Lap 1 (3.367km; 17:57)
Someone said he got attacked by the zzz monsters and had wanted to bail out. I wonder who that was. Certainly not the training buddy I ran with this morning. Well, the consolation was he didn’t tell me beforehand (not that he needed to – actions speak louder than words!) which would have stressed me out. Keeping to within 10-20m of Speedy Gonzales. Maybe a sleep debt is the new “fast” pill; I should give it a try.

Lap 2 (3.382km; 17:46)
Apparently, Kenny’s plan was to ease into running speedy, so it was slower going on this lap. Probably the only time I could “race” ahead – so I was all alone from the start. Met uncle with his 2 dogs twice this morning – lap 1: before the first climb on km1 and lap 2: downhill after km2.

Finishing mile: Train station to house via Old Klang Road loop (2.006km; 10:33)
Eaten alive by the slopes along Jalan Taman Bukit Desa – nothing new although I had to stop for traffic mid way. Good thing I guess – gave me a breather…for like 2 seconds!

Bento Box Lunch:

Leftovers from last night’s dinner – I’m using last night’s dinner plate for this pic. Prettier, classier. Why thank you.

Noodles with a drizzle of olive oil and braised bean curd sheets with snow peas and baby corn. I had a side of mustard (top left hand of pic).


Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: