Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hill Training with Kenny (finally!) – 24 July 2012

Route: 2 laps around Taman Desa Seputeh + 1 lap around Taman Seputeh
Distance: 2 * 4km + 2km = 10km (Garmin: 9.69km)
Timing: 52:22 for 5:24 min/km pace

It’s been (what?) 2 weeks since we last ran together and it was good to have company. Kenny’s hamstrings are much better and he had planned on going slow. No issue there – at least it’ll keep me from blowing up and dying on the foothills of Seputeh. Now, we wouldn’t want that to happen, right?!?!?! What??? You guys have no sympathetic bone??? LOL!

Warm up: House to train station via furniture mall (0.918km; 5:48)
The morning was cool even without the overnight rain or maybe I’m getting ill? More the latter since I’ve been sniffling since yesterday evening. And we were off…slow goingpace felt slow; unfortunately I couldn’t keep up with Kenny’s slow!!! Disaster cooking I tell ya!

Lap 1 (3.362km; 18:16)
Please please please don’t blow up. You’ve another round and the long stretch at Jalan Taman Bukit Desa and if you need to “die”, do it later. Ok, kept to an easy going pace – can going up hills be easy?!?!?! For the person who’s nodding there, let’s set up a date and you can teach me!

Lap 2 (3.373km; 17:35)
Ahh…please please please keep it easy (misnomer!). Met and said “Gute Morgen” to the uncle with the dogs. Hey it looks like I’m still alive and not too battered. One more hill to tackle.

Finishing mile: Train station to house via Old Klang Road loop (2.032km; 10:31)
Perhaps we should rename this section “Urbanathlon”? Lots of dodging around construction materials, 2 giant I-don’t-know-what-the-h***-they’re-digging potholes, the usual humdrum of pothole-filled Malaysian roads and the single lane road (due to the digging above). Hauling my a** up the slope was difficult this morning because I kept sliding on the sand. No thank you, I don’t need to work on my glutes. At least not today.

No comments: