Thursday, June 28, 2012

Recovery Run (finally!!!) – 28 June 2012

Route: 1 lap around Taman Megah
Distance: 5.61km (Garmin)
Timing: 29:11 for 5:12 min/km pace

Right…remember that killer “High Rep” workout? It did me in because I was literally dragging my feet and shuffling in the office by lunch! I. Kid. You. Not.

FOR ONCE, I knew better than to push excruciating painful, tender and throbbing quads and glutes through a tempo run (which would have been the case with Ronnie and the adiNation Training Run) yesterday. They were still tender when I woke up and I had thoughts of abandoning this morning’s run as well. So why did I run eventually? The lesser of the 2 evils: run or cross train on the elliptical. Pain threshold wise I mean.

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: