Friday, June 29, 2012

Five Things Friday

1. The day started early with some java (I was a lazy bum and being classy, used the Nescafe 3-in-1 Mild version instead of brewing or French Pressing) and light reading.


2. Before some Cat Stretches and Sun Salutations


3. And onto this

Single sets of (with dropsets to spice up the morning, naturally!):
a) Smith machine overhead shoulder press
b) DB lateral raise
c) BB clean-and-jerk with the overhead shoulder press at the end (you know…for added measure in case I didn’t get the message that we were on a quest to put in “quality” workouts i.e. DOMS being the end result)
d) Technogym cable criss cross rear delt
e) DB frontal raise

Supersets of:
f) Technogym upright row
g) Technogym tricep pressdown

Single set of:
h) Abs crunches on fit ball (one set of which I was this II close to landing in a heap on the floor. Classy I know.)

We scrapped plans for a Back & Lats because my glutes, abductors and general leg wellbeing were in agony from this. Michael was EXTREMELY pleased to hear that DOMS came as early as Wednesday noon and stayed on till today; he calls it “quality” workout; I call it <insert whatever adjective or blasphemy – since I’m afraid this post will be filtered>. I’m classy like that.

4. Bento Box Lunch: “Fish” & Potato Curry


5. And I’ll be rocking in these dudes this weekend!

2 comments:

Sabine said...

you have been quite busy. How did the minimal shoes feel?

btw love your little bento box lunch makes me want to start making bento's again

Sue's Ramblings said...

I've been running in minimalist shoes for about 2 years now. It takes a while to get used; think of it as a 10km reflexology session. LOL! Hey, go get a lunch box and get creative!