Friday, June 15, 2012

Five Things Friday

1. What?!?!?!?! It’s Friday already????? Where did the week go??? Despite having Monday off (to move places; oh BTW, I probably have the largest “my own space” room since I came kicking and squealing into the world), the past few days seems to have whizzed past. I blame the office entirely for this. We’re closing a deal today and the it’s been go, go, go from the moment we step into the office everyday. That in addition to working on our ‘regular’ stuff. So I’m absolutely looking forward to stepping out at the end of the day.

2. Bento Box Lunch: Vegan fried koay teow/rice noodles (sorry about the pic quality - bah! camera phone at work!)


3. Thinking of getting Scott Jurek's book "Eat & Run". Vegan + Runner/Running. I'm sold! Chime in with your comments.

4. I’m so glad my hammies stop whining. Now that’s 4 days out from Monday’s yoga practice! You should be glad too else this blog will end up being “Whine-house”. Even doing simple asanas and stretching has been "torture-fest" as far as the hammies and glutes are concerned. I do like the room - so much space and openness for home practice.

5. If given the following choices for strength training with one of the most awesome guys/trainer, which would you pick: back, legs, shoulders + arms? Mind you, you’ve had a week off strength training from these muscle groups and finished 2 hill trainings and a chest & pecs workout in the last 3 days. So what’ll it be? I left it to Michael to decide my fate…whoa! It was a struggle this morning where every single rep felt like I was moving a ton of bricks. Oh wait…I’ve never done that before, so technically I can’t know how it feels. Whee…legs’ day!

Supersets of:
a) Smith machine squats (was trying to pay more attention to form i.e. keep the back straight, stick your butt out instead of my half-baked collapsed pelvis-i-don’t-know-how-to-describe-form)
b) Cybex plate loaded leg squat press (hmmm…600lbs doesn’t feel too bad these days and I had half the mind to ask Michael to load up. Maybe next week when we get back to the full swing of things.)

Supersets of:
c) Technogym leg extension (OMG! We started with the last heaviest weight – no wonder, it was tough from rep 1!)
d) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Abduction (high reps on the first 2 sets although Michael didn’t let up on the plate weight!

Single sets of:
e) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Adduction (horrifying to say the least; I was sweating crap trying to “close” my legs/thighs from rep 4-5. Ok, now that sounds so wrong!)
f) Cybex prone leg curl (egads, looks like the “new” starting weight is 70-90lbs)

Supersets of:
g) LF cable back pressdown (the odd one in this morning’s party)
h) Plate weight walking lunges (trust me, the glutes were burning on set 1 of (b) above, so no guesses how much tougher it was walking the length of the gym floor this morning)

Single set of:
i) Abs crunches on fit ball

Not sure if it’s the end of the week syndrome (ie winding down for the week; unlikely!) or the couple of days hiatus (unlikely too!) or supersets are generally tougher (more than likely since the rest period is so short and we did keep the weights loaded!) but this session definitely kicked my butt (literally too!).

No comments: