Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shake out Run via Hill Training – 22 May 2012

Route: Taman Desa lap
Distance: 6km (Garmin: 5.88km)
Timing: 31:35 for 5:22 min/km pace

The back-to-back runs over the weekend did me in; my legs got progressively sore and achy as the day wore on yesterday and by lunch hour, I switched to my dependable Terra Plana. Yeah, sexy I know. Thank you very much. I wasn’t sure if I could manage this morning’s run – thank goodness, Kenny suggested a shorter distance.

House to Taman Desa hill turnoff (2.915km; 16:08)
Egads! Mr 3:30 marathoner decided to turbo charge the run from the word “Go”. Nearly “died” even before we left the furniture loop. Obviously, there’s a marked difference between front of the pack and back of the pack runners. The entire run was spent keeping him in sight which meant the heart rate shot through the roof.

Taman Desa hill (1.793km; 9:44)
Oh hello there 2km of hill climb!

Taman Desa turnoff to house (1.172km; 5:39)
Whew! Downhill although I did have to stop once for traffic but since I was relying SOLELY on gravity (and risking face palming myself on asphalt), I could more or less catch up or at least keep Kenny within sight.

No comments: