Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back to the Hills Today – 29 May 2012

Route: 2 laps around Taman Desa Seputeh + 1 lap around Taman Seputeh
Distance: 2 * 4km + 2km = 10km (Garmin: 9.64km)
Timing: 52:21 for 5:25 min/km pace

I need to wake up earlier!!!! Because it now looks like our usual start time of 6:15 have been moved to 6:05. Holy cow! Which also translates into getting to bed by…8 pm so I could get my 8 hour of snooze time. Yeah right, like that’s gonna ever happen.

Warm up: House to train station via furniture mall loop (904m; 5:38)
No plans, no expectations this morning after the weekend and yesterday’s runs; plus I was testing out the Sprints. If you remember the trauma…I got myself a new pair, one size bigger i.e. my usual sizing over the weekend and because it was the GSS, a 20% discount to sweeten things up.

Lap 1 (3.357km; 18:12)
Ran with Kenny up to the second km of the lap before his ankle and asthma caught up. Poor guy, he’s still dealing with that darn-refused-to-heal ankle since last year (?). Guys, send your prayers his way.

Lap 2 (3.340km; 17:45)
Sped up a bit but the hills still bit me. I was surprised that the Sprint held up well; there was some pinching on the back of the left foot, not unexpected since I do expect some breaking in time.

Finishing mile: Train station to house via Old Klang Road loop (2.038km; 10:42)
Given the early start, I had a bit of time and more IMPORTANTLY, energy! So it was time to slay the &*(%$# hill at Jalan Taman Desa Utama (?). I lost. So much for hype, eh?

No comments: