Thursday, April 26, 2012

adiNation Training Run – 25 April 2012

Attendees:
a) “Boss” Ronnie
b) Adam
c) Vijay

Route: 4 laps around LG
Distance: 4 * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.13km)
Timing: 46:49 for 5:07 min/km pace

Went in with ZERO expectation except to COLLAPSE. After all, it was a double workout day. Now normally or rather previously, this hasn’t been much of a “hassle” but since Michael and I switched “legs” from Fridays to Wednesdays and INCREASED the load recently…{fill in the blanks yourself}. So when I saw the final timing, lo behold, flabbergasted is all I could muster. Beyond expectation. Thrilled to bits. Ecstatic. {insert other superlatives}

Lap 1 (2.274km; 12:30 min)
Adam and I started around 6:15pm; Vijay started earlier and Ronnie came much later. From the word “go”, it was hard. Like really tough. The legs simply refused to move into gear – quads and glutes were sore and angry. I was really glad to have Adam for company – hey, it’s called accountability! – if it was not for him, I would have quit at km1. No. Doubt. About. That.

Lap 2 (2.283km; 11:37 min)
Legs loosened up but it was still tough though I bet Adam would say otherwise. He was really enjoying the run – I would too if not for the uncooperative legs – the temps were perfect: overcast skies, cooler temp. Like I said, quitting was not an option. Said hi to Jeff after the hill slight upslope after the waterfall. BTW, that dude did an 8+ min lap. Freaky!

Lap 3 (2.277km; 11:21 min)
We met up with Vijay who was doing lap 4 of 6 at the starting point and I thought we were going to run together. I thought wrong. Those guys hung back and as usual, when I run alone…the legs have their own idea and “can” get uncontrollable i.e. God darn faster than the mind wants it too!

Lap 4 (2.292km; 11.16 min)
The legs went faster despite countless {unsuccessful} attempts to rein them in. This is why I cannot be a pacer!!!

Today’s workout
Easy cross training on the elliptical. Have I mentioned that my butt is sore??? My 9 year old cousin cracked me up with her solution when she tripped and landed on her butt: sit on ice. Now, don’t you think that that’s a mighty fine idea???

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: