Thursday, March 15, 2012

adiNation Training Run – 14 March 2012

Route: 2 laps around LG (1 medium and 1 small – YLW’s words)
Distance: Garmin ran out of juice
Timing: No clue, not bothered

Didn’t see anyone around when I got to our usual meeting point; Kei Ming had work commitments; no clue about the usual suspects – Ronnie, KK etc.

Quads, hammies, glutes, basically the entire lower part of my body was in massive pain (bear with the drama, will ya) from the morning’s killer session. Warmed up with a walk and Vijay came up to me after the midway point but I was in no mood (or rather the legs were still uncooperative at this stage) to run. You know, not all runs has to be fast and not all workouts have to be runs. That walk was rather therapeutic and I thought about doing another lap.

Until I saw YLW at the starting point – he was onto his second of his usual 3 laps (big, medium, small) – and I decided to pace him. We had a great time catching up and it’s runs like these that make me heart run. Running with friends, no pace goal, easy conversational pace, no Garmin.

Just like what the USAF advocates: building the hybrid engine.

Bento Box Challenge: Bread with baked beans (sorry about the blurry pic!)

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: