Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hill Training and Leg Workouts

Hill Training – 1 February 2012

Route: 2 laps around Taman Desa Seputeh
Distance: 2 * 4km = 8km (Garmin: 8.05km)
Timing: 43:31 for 5:24 min/km pace

Impromptu change for the planned long run since Kenny had a full day the previous day and I was battling the onslaught of a sore throat/hacking whatever. Plus I thought I should “save” the legs for Michael. Oh wait, that sounds so WRONG! LOL!

Lap 1: The first km was our usual warm up mile and since I had the noble idea of “saving myself for Michael” (this sounds even “wrong-er”!), I thought I would keep to Kenny’s slow easy pace. Nope, it didn’t happened. Lost him in the second km during my favourite drop-down-the-slope-and-come-face-to-face-with- the-fiercest-stray-dog-known-to-man. Thank goodness, it wasn’t there. The climb back up the same slope on the out-and-back…was just…slow. Or at least I felt slow, fat and dragging my a**. Then again, I was rewarded by a all-the-way-gentle-downslope and flattish route to the start point.

Lap 2: Sped up on this lap since I knew it was the last and I didn’t have Kenny to pace with. More of the same thing as in Lap 1 but at least I lost the “slow, fat, dragging my a**” feeling.

I decided to take today off running to “contain” and “lock horns” with the hacking bug or virus and have been loading up on H2O since forever.

Legs-and-Shoulders Workout – 2 February 2012

Yesterday’s prescription for the bug: OD on rest, H2O, sleep and food. Did it helped with the bug battle or this morning’ workout? Yes to the former, maybe to the latter.

Lots of supersets this morning:

4 Supersets of:
a) Precor hack squat (yeah, it hacked the h*** outta my quads if you’re interested to know which I’m guessing you couldn’t care less)
b) Cybex plate loaded leg squat press (no need to second guess the weights; you guys probably know Michael as well as I do)
c) Precor seated leg raises

Supersets of:
d) Smith machine overhead shoulder press
e) DB lateral raise

Supersets of:
f) Technogym seated leg extension
g) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Abductor and Hip Adductor (the adductor stretch was possibly MORE painful than the workout itself! What gives?!?!?!)

Supersets of:
h) Technogym cable overhead criss cross shoulder/back pulldown
i) Technogym cable upright row (we went like 3 times up the usual plate on this!)
j) Leg raises

Any Thursday’s Mantra for today? I’m hesitant since there wasn’t really a sweatfest over the last 2 days. Oh well, maybe for kicking the hacking bug in the a**, let’s just have it.

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

1 comment:

The Boring Runner said...

Great job!! 8K totally counts towards the Freeze your thorns off!