Instead of the usual Five Things Friday, will do a recap of the past week. It was the Chinese New Year hols and as is customary, everything comes to a complete halt (yes, including blogging – hey, blogging is hard work, ya’ know?!?!). Well most things anyway, minus the feasting and more feasting, putting the feet back, watching loads of TV shows and movies, yakking, all known as the nicer sounding “merry making”. Let’s get the ball rolling then.
- Had an enjoyable, easy paced DH run with Tang Chee Hoon and Michele Tan.
- Being the ultimate procrastinator, I left it to the absolute last day to prep my hair and face for CNY. Yeah, we like to live on the edge like that.
Sunday a.k.a. CNY Eve
- Nippy 4 laps around Bird Park as part of Ronnie’s LSD (the guys were doing 8 laps). Another enjoyable run – started the run with Tang Chee Hoon, Brittany and Siah Leong and finish the last 2 with Siah Leong. Thanks bro for the company! It was a big group out there on both days, covering various distances and routes.
- Off to the airport for the eastbound journey and 2:15 hours on the plane and ta da…Miri!
- CNY Reunion Dinner with the fam and SF’s fam at Menawan; the food was great considering it was off the set menu and we had the right size – 11 of us and there were plenty to go around.
Monday a.k.a. CNY Day1
- Slept in since no workouts permitted (can’t wash the hair and I wasn’t going to knock the daylights out of anyone with stinky hair – why yes, I was being ultra generous) before breakfast.
- SW and HTN came around to pick me up and we hung around KM’s place until lunch.
- Decided to have a light lunch and napped the afternoon away.
Tuesday a.k.a. CNY Day2
- Slept in again…notice the theme…hey, we’re supposed to keep to “merry making”, remember?
- Brekkie was pancakes and Miss Ashley joined in a bit later and thoroughly enjoyed the muffin.
- Another 2:10 hour flight back home.
- Was a bit sluggish and decided to sweat it out on the elliptical.
- Dinner with Uncle MS at Pantai; set menu of basically the same stuff as the CNY and the chef didn’t disappoint us.
- Short run in LG before meeting Michael for a chest workout. Uurgh…I’m still sore today!
- Veg-ing and lolling around the house for the rest of the day.
- Evening yoga at Richard’s. Double uurgh…muscles stretched and hammies were sore yesterday.
- Zero motivation to run – probably shocked the body too much with the rest! Some cross training on the elliptical before Michael put me through the paces for backs/lats, biceps and triceps. Was uber fatigued by workout number funf.
- Another day of veg-ing and lolling around and I raised the stakes this time – 2-hour nap in the afternoon!
- Egads! First day at work! Things are quiet around here because everyone’s still on their CNY leave.
- Leg-and-shoulders this morning. Why Michael? Why Michael??? 600lbs is not my cup of tea…heck, I’m not even ready for it!
I’m planning (note: this is the operative word!) on a recap of a few of these items over the weekend and next few days, possibly a picturesque post of sorts.
For those who are interested in the workouts, here’s what I can remember. Yes, brains do get fuzzy when they take a break. Rest of you can ignore this…promise, I won’t be heartbroken, at least not much.
4 Single sets of:
a) Smith machine bench chest press
b) DB incline chest press
c) BB decline bench chest press
d) TRX push-ups
e) Technogym cable chest fly
Single set of:
f) Kettlebell pullovers
Backs/lats, Bicep and Tricep Workout
4 Single sets of:
a) LF cable lat pull-down (close grip (er er er 47lbs??? Kidding me, right?!)
4 Supersets of:
b) Free-standing pull-ups (Aiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…faintz!)
c) Plate weight bend over back row
d) LF cable low row (medium grip) (Utter fail on the first set. Blergh.)
e) LF cable dual handle back row
Single sets of:
f) Precor T-bar row (major failure alert! Fatigued after (a) and (b)…and everything after that)
g) BB bicep curl
h) DB French press/skull crusher (think we hit a new weight – 45lbs. Yeah, maybe puny to you guys out there but it was heavy for moi)
i) Reverse abs crunches
Legs and Shoulders Workout
4 Supersets of:
a) Smith machine squats
b) Precor plate weight loaded leg squat press (we started at 400lbs and knowing Michael, there’s no way we could go down the weight! Crap-a-listic start, huh? And he even had the cheek to tell me that it was 6x my body weight…why thank you…I’ll be walking like a crab for the weekend!)
c) Technogym leg extension
d) DB walking lunges (jello feet since we went up on the weight for the leg extension)
Single set of:
e) Standing DB overhead shoulder press
f) Technogym cable criss cross rear delt
g) Medicine ball frontal raise
h) Technogym cable upright row
i) Leg raises