1. Leaving for the weekend in LESS than 24 hours and I’ve not packed…yeah, perfect timing…nothing like a shot adrenalin to start the weekend which is SUPPOSED to de-stress, relax, whatever. Since we all like to have minutes to spare before leaving, start checking out the sites, dining/meal options, printing your hotel confirmation and boarding pass…like NOW. Or if you prefer 1 hour before the cab comes tomorrow morning.
2. Now given the funky way we roll around here (you guys like this term better: living life to the edge????), 6 am would be a good time to bring in the laundry, prep your overnight oats (my dinner tonite), hunt for your work clothes etc while trying to keep your 6:30 am appointment with your trainer. NB: drive takes ~15-20 min tops. Ok, let’s not even get into Sun Salutations A and B now.
3. Have been eating “cleanly” this week until I fell off the bandwagon yesterday – who put that extra crisps and pineapple cake in my hands during lunch and dinner???? In my defense, I woke up with calf cramps (hence needed the extra salt) and it was only a bite size of the cake like 1 bite.
4. Things are winding down in the office – one more deal that closes on 16th and then we should be done for the year. The extra time doesn’t necessarily translate into more time for evening group runs or yoga with the current afternoon downpour season.
5. Killer legs workout. Oh yeah, throw in some shoulder workouts at the same time.
a) Smith machine leg squats (this was just a warm up for the next one!)
b) Cybex plate loaded leg squat (this was the killer nummer eins!)
c) Seated DB overhead shoulder press
d) LF cable reverse frontal raise with iron bar
e) Technogym leg extension
f) Technogym leg press (hi hi, long time no see! We ended doing this one coz I opened my BIG mouth. Serves me right. Killer nummer zwei.)
g) Nautilus prone leg curl
h) Technogym cable criss cross back-shoulder opener
i) DB lateral raise
j) Technogym cable upright row
Single set of:
k) Precor abs crunches