Friday, November 18, 2011

Five Things Friday

1. The roads and car park were pretty clear this morning and the office seems a tad empty when I got in this morning…I found out just a while ago that the school hols start today. So not looking forward to traffic clogged roads when I leave this morning or the malls this weekend. On the flip side, traffic should be easy going for the next 6 weeks.

2. I’ve been trying to incorporate more calories in my dinner – bulking up with some baked beans for a start. Who knew they could be so additive?! What?! Only me? I’m slightly on the underweight side and the pics from Dannie & Carrie’s wedding scare me – I would even call myself gaunt! Photo credits to Ong Chen Fei, Leong Kwan Weng. BTW, isn't Carrie beautiful?!



3. This weekend will be spent hunting for Ash’s birthday pressie and Christmas stuff. I’m thinking 1U or Mid Valley. Suggestions for Ash’s gift? SW says to with dresses or books/toys while Riyadh suggested a tent/playhouse on the basis that one year olds like to hid in small places.

4. Obviously I’m in the wrong field because Delectables by Su is quoting RM800 for this!


Then again, SW had the right frame of mind not to order it…although she settled for the “normal round” cake with Barney on it. And that is not cheap either! RM300 for that. Riyadh did suggest omitting 2 Barney characters to cut down the cost. LOL!

5. I set out with intentions to do well for this morning’s session i.e. lift heavier, no whining, try to complete each rep/set with good form blah blah blah. It didn’t happen. Happens all the time when I resolve to do something. Going forward, I’ll go with the flow.

Supersets of:

a) Cybex hack squat (400 lbs and it felt easy; I kid you not! Whiny me thinks 400lbs is very do-able these days! The world must be coming to and end!)

b) Smith machine standing overhead shoulder press (standing)

Supersets of:

c) DB walking lunges (12kgs is NOT do-able! It kept slipping from my hands and it was frustrating.)

d) DB lateral raise

Supersets of:

e) Technogym leg extension

f) Nautilus Nitro Plus prone leg curl

g) Technogym cable frontal raise with iron bar

h) Technogym cable upright row

Single set of:

i) Reverse abs crunches

No comments: