Thursday, November 24, 2011

Double Hill – 24 November 2011

Route: Double Hill

Distance: 10.18km

Timing: 54:29 for 5:21 min/km pace

LikSng’s Mission: To get me to cross the line in 55 minutes.

Yes, you read that right…and yes, I had a cardiac and wanted to bail out this morning, like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. Guess what…I sucked it up and told myself to do it. Of course, the route ate me alive, almost anyway. The usual suspects at km5-6 and km9 were there and waiting – I kept to:

a) Kenny’s advice: you can slow down but you cannot walk (oh you don’t know how many times I wanted to tell LikSng to go ahead and I’ll just walk back or beg for a walk break)

b) Ronnie’s advice: take smaller steps, look ahead (yeah right…not a pretty sight when you see the steep upslope in front of you that seemed to go on forever!)

The run was tough and I left it all out there; there was nothing left in the tank. If you had asked me if I would it again this morning, I would have answered in the negative. Now…I don’t know…maybe…perhaps.

Again, many thanks to my pace bunny for putting up with my grunts, death stares and silent curses this morning.

Mission Accomplished!

Thursday’s mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

PS: I’m just under 10 miles to hit Tall Mom’s 1,000 Miles for 2011. Whoppee!

No comments: