Thursday, November 3, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 2 November 2011

Attendees:

a) “Boss” Ronnie

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.05km)

Timing: 48:26 for 5:20 min/km pace

Conditions

a) Drizzled throughout the run.

b) Legs were dead due to the earlier workout.

c) I was alone with Boss – enough said.

Probable outcome

a) Tempo to race pace run

b) Collapse and “die” midway due to above

c) Pure exhaustion and unable to get out of bed this morning due to the (a) and (b)

Actual outcome

a) Recovery run with no dry heaving or feeling out of breath. Boss actually trailed me. Yes, everyone can go out and buy the lottery now. LOL!

b) By a stroke of luck (or maybe I should say massive doses of it!), I didn’t have a cardiac!

c) Fairly even paced run (from Ronnie’s FB post): 12:41 (warm up), 11:58, 11:57, 11:52.

d) Felt so good throughout and after the run. It was like I was in the zone! Best feeling ever!

Ancillary outcome

a) Blood blister burst and post-shower, my room = emergency room and I spent a good 15 minutes taking off the excess skin, cleaning and slapping Band-Aids (yes, it’s with “s” since it was huge to begin with).

b) Elliptical-ed this morning due to (a).

Remember Thursday mantra: 3Rs – Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: