Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend at Home

First weekend at home in a long time. First weekend without a race or event in a long time. Truth be said, I was glad for some time off to regroup and refocus. This was a heavy training load weekend simply because I was home with no event (great opportunity to catch up on long runs with friends) and the expected public holiday on Wednesday (Michael goes off for a week beginning tomorrow).

Here’s a recap of some of the training.

Saturday

LSD Run – 22 October 2011

Distance: 3 loops of Taman Seputeh Desa (4km*3) + 1 loop of Taman Desa (6km) (Garmin: 16.78km)

Timing: 1:33:29 for 5:34 min/km pace

Laps 1-3 (Taman Seputeh Desa)

Hilly. Hilly. Hilly. It doesn’t help that your quads and glutes were on fire and you started the day walking like a crab from the previous day’s leg workout. I decided on the 3+1 combo because I knew that there was no way I could go out and do a second lap on the Taman Desa route – it’s all psychological because the return journey always equal to “done” for me. Yeah, 3 is about the max I could tolerate here too. Mantra repeated like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times: you’ll be rewarded by the downhills. Not that there were that many of them!

Lap 4

Pit stop: Shell (miscomm with Kenny; he went to BP)

Distance covered: 11.90km

Time elapsed: 1:06:xx

Ploughed ahead after a can of 100Plus and some stretches and knowing that the end was near!

Sunday

Lake Garden Run – 23 October 2011

Distance: 8.04km

Timing: 43:21 for 5:24 min/km pace

Recovery run and since Hooi Siah said 6 min/km pace for the 5am lap and 5 min/km pace for the 6am lap and since since I couldn’t bear to tear myself away from the comforts of my bed, I ran the LG>Planetarium>National Mosque route on my own. Since since since, it was only 7.6km when I got back and I’m so anal, I ran further ahead from the finish point to hit 8km.

Sunday’s workout

It’ll be Sunday and Monday with Michael this week and I would have gladly whacked his head if he said we were going to do legs. Yeah, the crab walking never left. In fact, I’m still crab walking.

Supersets of:

a) Smith machine bench chest press

b) LF lat pull down (close grip)

Supersets of:

c) Smith machine incline chest press

d) LF low row (medium grip)

Supersets of:

e) LF cable chest fly

f) LF cable dual handle back row

Supersets of:

g) Free standing pull-ups

h) Free standing dips

i) DB pull-over

Single sets of:

j) Reverse abs crunches

Hatha yoga

I was a sweaty mess during Richard’s class but I did really enjoyed myself because for 90 minutes, I truly felt being in the moment. Of course, this meant that I was a “dead man walking”, if not comatose for the rest of the day. Oh yes, I took that as a very reasonable excuse to reward myself with a 90-minute session at Serenity Cove.

Monday’s workout

Legs. It felt too soon after the big load over the weekend but this will be the last one for the week before Michael goes off for Deepavali. A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do.

Supersets of:

a) Smith machine squats

b) Split lunges

Supersets of:

c) Cybex plate loaded leg squat press

d) Jumping squats

Supersets of:

e) Technogym leg extension

f) Nautilus hip abduction / hip adduction

Single sets of:

g) Precor bicep curl

h) Precor Abcrunch

Onto less mundane news

I found this at Cold Storage over the weekend, in addition to Agnessi pesto sauce, Lays crisps etc. Love. Love. Love. There is something about Cold Storage – sure it may be more expensive but where else can I relive my UK times (and UK stuff!). Oh, M&S is another.



This is from Adidas KOTR Indonesia – see, it pays to do post-run surveys. Too bad, I’m not a footie fan. KM or Oscar shall be the beneficiary.

No comments: