Friday, October 21, 2011

Five Things Friday

1. So looking forward to the weekend (as always). Bonus – mid week public holiday next week and then again, the following Monday. Yippee for 4-day week. Now, let’s hope I don’t have to come in tomorrow morning (5 am – can you beat that?!) for work. What else, right?

2. Trying to keep to my regular diet of noodles, tofu, soy and veg for dinner; so far (since Mel left over the weekend) it’s been working out alright. I’m also looking to vary this slightly and will definitely be looking more closely at the aisles at BMS Organics this weekend. It’s so easy to fall off the bandwagon on healthy eating when you have to prepare dinner on your own, for me at least. You can’t imagine the number of times I thought of settling for instant noodles or granola/soy milk or overnight oats. How do you guys stay on eating clean (most of time I mean)?

3. The flooding in Thailand doesn’t seem to be abating. There goes any plans for a trip there in the next few weeks; YM buzzed me about a 3D/2N package going for RM300-500. It’s a steal but given the prevailing situation, I guess best to stay put. I’m hoping my friends will stay safe rather than worrying about a trip.

4. I miss Diane’s magical touch and after Wednesday’s and today’s “brutal” sessions, I do deserve some TLC, don’t you think? But nothing can be done till Monday evening – massages lead to major detox and most times, I’m awfully tired and listless after a session. So with a long run and 2 weight training sessions in the next 3 days, nothing can be had till Monday at the earliest.

5. Legs-and-shoulders session this morning and we went up to 600lbs on the hack squat and 400lbs on the other. The quads and glutes were on fire and I was whimpering (see…I’m a cry baby!).

4 Single sets of:

a) Precor hack squat

b) Cybex plate loaded leg squat

Supersets of:

c) Technogym leg extension

d) Walking lunges (Don’t blink! Weightless! Yes, I triple and quadruple confirmed with Michael that we were doing it without the DB.)

e) Jumping squats

Supersets of:

f) DB seated overhead shoulder press

g) DB lateral raise

h) DB seated bend over rear delt fly

Single sets of:

i) Precor AbCrunch

No comments: