Thursday, September 8, 2011

adiNation Training Run on 7 September 2011 & Seputeh Run on 8 September 2011

adiNation Training Run – 7 September 2011

Attendees:

a) Boss Ronnie

b) Group Lead Kei Ming

c) KK

d) Vijay

e) CK Wong

Distance: 2 laps * 2.3km = 4.6km (Garmin: 4.53km)

Timing: 23:59 for 5:17 min/km pace

I was late and by the time I finished my second lap, Ronnie was done with his run and was cooling down with a walk around the playground. That was the trigger – zero mood to continue on my own although CK was still running and looking strong.

Lap 1

Legs were so heavy in the first km after the morning’s workout and I felt fat and heavy. Things got a bit better towards the end of the lap.

Lap 2

Felt so much better and the speed seemed to be coming back although the mind was wandering and telling me to stop after this lap. Yes, I listened to it. LOL! It’s difficult to continue running when everyone else has stopped.

Seputeh Run – 11 August 2011

Distance: 2 laps * 4km = 8km + 2 laps around the furniture shop (Garmin: 8.48km)

Timing: 47:29 for 5:36 min/km pace

I had planned to run in Lake Gardens but it was drizzling (ok, a bit more than a drizzle) when I got there. So a gal gotta do what a gal gotta do – turn around and head to the gym to spend a “boring” hour making friends with the elliptical. Once I got closer to KL Sentral, the tide turned and hence the decision to run around Kenny’s place, minus Kenny.

Lap 1

I started and finished today’s run with a loop around the furniture place. As it had rained earlier, the temps were low and the air felt refreshing. The only blip during this run was being “near roadkill” at the furniture place loop – a school bus coming to a stop to pick up some kids brushed into me (shoulders, back). I was lucky not to have topple over else, I’ll be hamburger patty by now. Too close a call and I was terrified throughout the run. I was visible, I was running on the road shoulder, so I really don’t know if the brakes on the bus failed or the driver was plain incompetent. Nope, no getting down from the bus to find out if I was and no apology either – he just went about like it never happened.

Lap 2

I continued with a second lap since I was too lazy (and scared of the guard dogs at the car dealerships along Old Klang Road). Lap 2 was uneventful except for kicking a bucket or some rubbish along the tunnel on the way back – it was dark!

No comments: