Timing: 50:13 min for 5:17 min/km pace
Kenny warned me last night that today’s run was going to be a bit tougher as we need to load up to move that sub-50 timing and more importantly, to finish strong. Oh boy, he was not kidding! The first km was the “slowest” of the lot – 5:34 min/km. From the moment he shouted “Start”, Kenny had shot ahead and all I could do was hang on to his coattails! Well, that distance was about 100m at its furthest. All in, it was a great training session and I didn’t end up in an ambulance!!! LOL!
Other news a.k.a. the past weekend’s bucket list:
• A sub-50 during the GE Women’s 10K. Yeah baby! Official gun time of 50:37 and chip time of 49:55 for a 14th placing in the Masters. Race review coming up later in the week.
• Eyed a few things a.k.a. shopping and may go back this weekend to get them…if there are still available. Uniqlo jeans at $9.90 (I am probably the only one who can buy them since the waist size is 22), zipper cardigan, Guess sandals etc.
• Yesterday’s cross training on the elliptical did wonders for my hips which were thrashed during Sunday’s run. Nothing as “dreadful” as Phuket but it was there alright and I couldn’t fit in an appointment with Diane. Do you guys run for recovery? I do either a run or cross train on the elliptical.
• Part of the recovery process also includes slightly larger servings for dinner for the past 2 days………..and today! I am also going back to my oatmeal-for-lunch diet because (1) my tooth is still achy (2) I am getting bored of crackers/bread with peanut butter (3) it doesn’t feel too heavy post lunch. Now all that is missing are some raisins, dried apricots and nuts; else, we are good to go.
• I had a session with Michael yesterday evening; figured we should do it since he had a slot opened and I was not too washed out. Plus I didn’t want to hog Tuesday morning’s slot and I did really want to run this morning.
a) Hoist lat pulldown
b) Plate weight bendover row
c) Hoist chest press
d) Plate weight decline chest press
e) LF cable close grip lat pulldown
f) Precor T-bar back row
g) Cybex Eagle incline chest press
h) DB chest fly
i) Technogym cable back pressdown with iron bar
j) Free standing dips
Single sets of:
k) Leg raises