Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Seputeh-Taman Desa Run – 5 July 2011 and the Weekend’s Bucket List

Distance: 9.48km

Timing: 50:13 min for 5:17 min/km pace

Kenny warned me last night that today’s run was going to be a bit tougher as we need to load up to move that sub-50 timing and more importantly, to finish strong. Oh boy, he was not kidding! The first km was the “slowest” of the lot – 5:34 min/km. From the moment he shouted “Start”, Kenny had shot ahead and all I could do was hang on to his coattails! Well, that distance was about 100m at its furthest. All in, it was a great training session and I didn’t end up in an ambulance!!! LOL!

Other news a.k.a. the past weekend’s bucket list:

• A sub-50 during the GE Women’s 10K. Yeah baby! Official gun time of 50:37 and chip time of 49:55 for a 14th placing in the Masters. Race review coming up later in the week.

• Eyed a few things a.k.a. shopping and may go back this weekend to get them…if there are still available. Uniqlo jeans at $9.90 (I am probably the only one who can buy them since the waist size is 22), zipper cardigan, Guess sandals etc.

• Yesterday’s cross training on the elliptical did wonders for my hips which were thrashed during Sunday’s run. Nothing as “dreadful” as Phuket but it was there alright and I couldn’t fit in an appointment with Diane. Do you guys run for recovery? I do either a run or cross train on the elliptical.

• Part of the recovery process also includes slightly larger servings for dinner for the past 2 days………..and today! I am also going back to my oatmeal-for-lunch diet because (1) my tooth is still achy (2) I am getting bored of crackers/bread with peanut butter (3) it doesn’t feel too heavy post lunch. Now all that is missing are some raisins, dried apricots and nuts; else, we are good to go.

• I had a session with Michael yesterday evening; figured we should do it since he had a slot opened and I was not too washed out. Plus I didn’t want to hog Tuesday morning’s slot and I did really want to run this morning.

Supersets of:

a) Hoist lat pulldown

b) Plate weight bendover row

Supersets of:

c) Hoist chest press

d) Plate weight decline chest press

Supersets of:

e) LF cable close grip lat pulldown

f) Precor T-bar back row

Supersets of:

g) Cybex Eagle incline chest press

h) DB chest fly

Supersets of:

i) Technogym cable back pressdown with iron bar

j) Free standing dips

Single sets of:

k) Leg raises

No comments: