Thursday, May 26, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 25 May 2011

Attendees:

a) “Boss” Ronnie*

b) “Group Lead” Kei Ming*

c) Wern Tian*

d) Lai

e) Fong

f) KK Yum

g) Vijay

h) Suresh (x2!)*

i) Aron

j) Malcalm

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.11km)

Timing: 52:52 for 5:48 min/km pace

*intervals of 2.3km

Nothing much to report since yesterday’s run was more of a “shake the gremlins out” a.k.a. easy run to put in some junk miles. No, in fact I would rather term it as a chit-chat and catch up session. Most of the guys are going for the Sundown this weekend and wanted to be careful to avoid a last minute injury. Ronnie, Kei Ming and Suresh joined us in the first round taking it as a warm up to their next 2 rounds. I ran with Fong and we spent the entire time yakking. Unfortunately I ran in the Bikila (the older KSO was being washed/dried) and the thicker soles gave me a hellvula problems – running gait/form went out of the window, rolling of the ankle outwards (which was why I had to skip this morning’s session with Kenny) and a blood blister on my pinkie toe. It is definitely not made for me; oh look how this outlook has evolved in 6 months! These days, I prefer thinner soles and the barest minimum I can get away with though I am not ready to go all raw as yet.

No comments: