1. It is Good Friday and Easter Sunday is coming up. Rejoice. PTL. It is relatively quiet in the office since a lot of people are on leave, even the roads were clear this morning. Let’s hope it stays that way in the evening but going by precedence, it has never been so (or so I recall).
2. It will be a jam-packed weekend with errands to run: get the car serviced, change some currencies, buy the May edition of Runner’s World (even though I am still half way through April’s edition), grocery shopping, get together for a catch up session with SW & HTN/pass them the 2XU swag, meet up with Vinz (fingers crossed) etc. Golly, I am already tired just typing this!
3. Looks like Energizer Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Energizer) has taken hold of the reins from Expose Media (Andy was guffaw-ing about their name; in his words: “name already so jialat!”) for the weekend fiasco. The press statement issued yesterday mentioned refunds and swag, nothing about the prizes. Toby and I agreed that it is probably best not to award anyone because the results are so messed up, even those time-chipped. E.g. Susan Khoo’s timing for the 21km was 1:07 hours – not belittling her achievement and I am sure she did win, just not in that time; even Mok Ying Ren’s personal best is 1:08 clocked at Bareno Run 2011 and he’s Singapore’s national runner. Awarding prizes would make it seem like they are validating the results and unfortunately, they are caught in a situation of “damn if you do, damn if you don’t” (pardon the French). It is a pity that Energizer was sucked into this mess and became collateral damage due to a very screwed up organizer; after all generally (and I use this loosely), title sponsors are just supposed to fork out a specific sum for an event. It will take months, if not years, to rebuild the brand and image from this E.P.I.C. public relations fallout.
4. There was or will be a couple of concerts happening in town, none of which I am that interested or keen or rather while I like their music, I am not too enthusiastic about cramming myself in the mosh pit: Justin Bieber (alst night), Michael Learns to Rock (MLTR) (this Sunday) and Maroon5 (next weekend). We are eagerly anticipating Kok Loon’s report on MLTR! LOL!
5. It was a total body workout this morning since we missed Wednesday’s session. It took me a while to warm up on the elliptical despite the 4 rounds of sun salutations I did before leaving the house (two each of Hatha 101/runner’s stretch and sun salutations B).
a) Smith machine incline chest press
b) BB standing overhead shoulder press
c) Cybex plate loaded squat press
d) DB bend over back row
e) DB incline chest fly
f) DB lateral raise
g) Plate weight raised toe single leg static lunges
h) LF cable low row
i) BB skullcrusher / French press
j) Leg raises
k) Medicine ball bicep curl