Thursday, April 7, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 6 April 2011

Attendees:

a) “Boss” Ronnie

b) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

c) Jeff

d) Chin

e) KK Yum

f) Vijay

g) Bee Hoon

Distance: 10.2 km (Planetarium + 2 laps)

Timing: 53:22 for 5:15 min/km pace

The planned menu of hill intervals was scrapped because the organizer (you know who you are and so do the rest of us! ;p) was late. He did manage to complete 6 sets on his own and deserves a pat on the back! I struggle with intervals, hills or otherwise, even with company. SW likes them though – for the change in running at a constant speed.

Boss, Jeff and Chin did the usual 4 laps while the rest of us tackled the hills at Bird Park and Planetarium. It has been a while since I did this (Bee Hoon too!) and it was a nice change from the past few months of 4 laps, Inter-State and hill intervals. The temps helped too – cooler than it has been since the mega heat wave we have been experiencing since the weekend. Vijay led the run and went faster than usual or was it because my legs were shox from the morning’s session with Michael? Nonetheless, Bee Hoon and I were able to hold the pace; KK was further back but I could not see him when I turned around at Planetarium. We found out later that he skipped this portion – I think he deserves the crown of King of Shortcuts! Remember last week’s run? LOL!

We looped back into path around the lake for another two laps and Vijay suggested we slow down since we had already made good time on the Planetarium route. We did the lap in reverse and it was FAR from recovery mode! Vijay took off, Bee Hoon followed suit, and I could only trudge along…the distance turned from 20 meters to 50 to 100 to I-have no-idea! And to think that I was running the first lap at 5 min/km pace. Then again, they probably sprinted because they were going to finish the run with one lap. I did another lap at about the same pace for a total of 10.2km.

I spent the night in my compression tights but as you guys know, they do nothing for me, physically.

No comments: