Thursday, February 10, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 9 February 2011

Attendees:

a) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

b) Vijay (spotted on lap 3)

c) Lai (spotted on lap 3)

d) Wern Tian (chit chat after the run)

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.11km)

Timing: 49:20 min for 5:24 min/km pace

Laps 1 - 2

Kei Ming and I started with a 5:30 min/km and I could feel the burning sensation in my heart and quads even before the first km. I told him we needed to drop back since I had not warmed up and we hit 5:40 min/km at the first buzz. The second km came up pretty quickly as we increased the pace slightly since we were stabilized and warmed up. Kei Ming continued to increase the pace going into lap 2 and it became tougher to keep up with him; however, I kept him within sight (~20-50 meters?).

Lap 3 - 4

Lai and Vijay joined us in lap 3 and we allowed Kei Ming to push ahead. Halfway through, Vijay pulled ahead and towards the tail end, Lai did the same. I kept Lai in check and paced off him until the end of lap 4. It was tough tempo run since I am coming back from the ligament/tendon sprain (whatever). Nonetheless, I felt good after the session though I cannot say the same for the mega huge blood blister on the ball of my first right toe!

No comments: