Thursday, February 24, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 23 February 2011

Attendees:

a) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

b) Aron (1 lap!)

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.11km)

Timing: 47:56 min for 5:16 min/km pace

Lap 1

Kei Ming and I started with a 5:38-ish min/km – there were no particular plans for speed and we would just go along based on feel. The first km was mainly catching up on news especially my run in Hong Kong. Once we were more or less warmed up, the second km came in at 5:21 min but I was getting less chatty. This was my first run since Hong Kong and the humidity was killing me.

Lap 2

We covered this lap at a slightly faster pace, probably just over 5:00-5:05 min/km and towards the end, I was getting bored and wondered how I was going to pull through the next 2 laps. I even briefly considered suggesting we do the killer slope at Carcosa in the third lap to throw in a spin.

Lap 3

More silence during this lap and I was concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other. Oh ok, just to get the darn run over and be done with (to put it crudely!). One km into the lap, big fat rain drops joined us and no, it was not the cooling rain respite we wanted. I thought the humidity went up even further. With 200 m to go, Kei Ming signaled that he would be finishing soon and my mind went “What????!!!! Who’s gonna pace me for the final lap???!!! This is so not funky!” We passed Suresh at the finishing point – oh boy, that guy actually walks faster than I can run!

Lap 4

This was a solo lap for me and I had to dig in deep to keep the boredom and fatigue at bay. Hey, I actually did it! When I looked at the stats, km8 came in at 5:09 min. Good stuff! Even better, the overall timing is one of my best to date (I think!). Yippee waa waa!

The only downside were the blisters and skin tears on both my feet; I ran sockless in the KSO and they bit me!

No comments: